Thursday, February 24, 2011

Arrested Development, the Movie

Arrested Development, the TV show, is being made into Arrested Development, the Movie, scheduled to come out in 2012. In the last scene of the TV series, executive producer and narrator Ron Howard is pitched with an idea for a show about the Bluth family.

His reply: "I don't see it as a series. Maybe a movie."
 Producer / Narrator Ron Howard

 Jason Bateman

 Michael Cera

Portia DeRossi
I was a late comer to Arrested Development. I watched the entire series last year, one after another. Loved it. That lead to my watching all of Better Off Ted. Another show I liked a lot.
Mitchell Hurwitz
Director Mitchell Hurwitz, an alumni of the TV show version, is directing the film. His past credits include working as producer on shows like some of my favorites: The John Larroquette Show, The Ellen Show, both favorites of mine; as well as The Golden Girls, a very popular show I never watched. I always try watching a show I know I won't like, and sometimes I'm surprised (Firefly, yes, FIREFLY; Farscape, The Wire, and others). The man has game.

So I'm looking forward to seeing this on the big screen. Honestly, I don't know how this could translate to the big screen, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Best of luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment