Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wire in the Blood, one of my new favorite shows

As some of you may know, I recently caved in and joined Netflix. I've been delving into TV shows from my past and recent (Danger Man, The (original) Avengers (with Honor Blackman); more recent, Arrested Development, Better off Ted). One of those I've checked out, having never really heard about before, is, British thriller TV show, "Wire in the Blood." I've always been a fan of Medium, with Patricia Arquette, who I first noticed in my favorite movie (with Christian Slater), True Romance. "Wire" isn't Medium, but on the order, and more in the real world, so to speak. But its thoroughly entertaining and engrossing.

From IMDB, anonymous comment:
"The title "Wire in the Blood" is a phrase that comes from T.S. Eliot's "Four Quartets": "The trilling wire in the blood / sings below inveterate scars / appeasing long-forgotten wars." As for the meaning, in an interview Robson Green said the phrase was taken to mean a genetic kink, something impure and unusual in the blood, that leads to the kind of psychosis Dr. Tony Hill might deal with. Series writer Val McDermid says: "Who knows what Eliot really meant by that line? Robson's explanation is as good as any. For myself, I've always taken it to be a metaphor for the thrill of adrenaline surging through the bloodstream. But we'll never know for sure".

Check it out, its just a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment