Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rubicon - AMC Channels newest show

I started watching Rubicon recently. AMC channel's new spy show.

I knew I'd like it before I saw it. Anything that has any thought given to such precursors as "Three days of the Condor", is on the right track in my book.

I've been waiting for a show like this for a long time. No bombs, few guns going off, no explosions, more cerebral. An intelligent if sometimes plodding, show. Its an anachronism in these times of ADD, MTV, excessive camera cuts, action, action, action. There's little time given to allow for a thought in TV shows. Little in the way of a show asking for your participation, your consideration in the moment.

We need more shows like this. We need shows to direct us back toward a format of thought, or patience, of seeing a camera angle and not a camera shot. We need to build our minds back to be able to have patience, to maintain a thought, to multitask within a thought, not by having many dissociated thoughts.

And Rubicon, is a good step toward that. Also, its entertaining. At least it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment