Thursday, December 9, 2010

My new writing guide is available

If you've ever considered being a writer, it helps to have an idea of what you're getting into, and what you need to consider just to get started. So, I have put together a guide of the basics that you need to consider. It's not everything, as its meant to be a short overview, but I tried to give it more than just a list of what is needed, because there is a definite emotional factor involved, people are involved, effort, peripheral things. It's more than just writing. But it's also, really about writing, because without that, it's all a waste of your time, isn't it?

Recently I had created an online store with the goal of putting works online for sale with no middle man involved. It's just something I've always wanted to do. The trouble is, most of my works are going to publishers, or production companies now. So I've had to come up with something interesting that doesn't fit that pigeon hole. And I have my first "guide" now up and available. Due to the cost and effort, I've had to charge a buck for this guide and hopefully, this will be negligible when you compare it to what's in it of value to you and you will decide it was worth it.

I was thinking the other day, that I wish I had come across a guide on how to go about becoming a writer when I was younger. If decades ago, I had read some of the things that I have put in this guide, I’m pretty sure I’d have gotten further along in my writing career many years sooner.

So I threw those elements together that I felt were important and here they are. Don’t expect a masterpiece, because this is business and I was far more concerned with imparting the concepts, than fine tuning perfect, flowery prose.

I hope you find this guide useful. Its available at my online store:
  On Writing - Tips by Murdock

No comments:

Post a Comment