Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who are your Fifteen Great Directors?

I got a Facebook posting today, asking: "Who are the Fifteen Directors who've influenced you and that will ALWAYS STICK WITH YOU. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes."

I had to think about it. I took on the challenge and this is what I came up with. I thought it might be interesting if I listed them here, and gave a brief blurb on either why and who they are. There is no specific order involved.

  • Woody Allen -
  • Alfred Hitchcock -
  • Stanley Kubrick -
  • Francois Truffaut -
  • Fellini -
  • Luis Bunuel -
  • Stephen Speilberg -
  • Jean Cocteau -
  • Werner Herzog -
  • David Lean -
  • Martin Scorsese -
  • The Coen Brothers -
  • Akira Kurosawa -
  • Sam Peckinpah -
  • Lina Wertmüller -

Also, James Cameron, John Carpenter, Paul Verhoeven, David Cronenberg, and I'm sure others.

No comments:

Post a Comment