Friday, October 15, 2010

Felicia Day and The Guild Webinar

Who is this Felicia Day? What is "The Guild" webinar series?

First, let's get your attention:

Felicia Day's The Guild - Do You Wanna Date My Avatar video.

So, what is The Guild?

Its basically a sitcom shot for internet release-only on a web site. As Felicia puts it, if she hadn't been so beaten down by producers and the process in Hollywood, she would never have put pen to paper and come up with this show in 2007.

It now has three seasons online which she said they all get together to shoot once a month. It follows the life of online gamer "Codex" and her mismatched, nerdy, dysfunctional, online-gaming friends, who are all in an online, "World of Warcraft" (WOW) type "Guild".

Her show has won a "Streamy" and the show a YouTube award.

Here is Felicia winning the "Streamy Award" for best female actor in a comedy.

Yet another award, here.

From the attention she has gotten from The Guild, she was asked to be in Joss Whedon's (Buffy, Firefly,
Serenity, Dollhouse, etc.) now famous webinar series, "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" with Nathan Fillion, Neil Patrick Harris and others which is also currently on stage at Whidbey Island Center for the Arts (WICA) on, unsurprisingly, Whidbey Island in Washington State.

A Bollywood video Felicia and The Guild crowd did.

A PC Hook-up show interview with Felicia Day.

Basically, I find the lady very talented, attractive and if I were only younger and perfect, I'd be chasing her down. I don't know quite what I'd do when I caught her, but between the two of us, at a coffee shop, I'm sure, just absolutely sure, we'd come up with something. Anyway, I applaud her efforts and look forward to seeing much more from her. Game on, Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment