Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Wise Words - Churchill and Fields speak

Two of my favorite characters out of History, Winston Churchill and W.C. Fields. I sometimes wonder just what those two would have been like stumbling around drunk in the night from pub to pub.
300Px-Winston Churchill Winston Churchill

Quotes I ran across but hadn't heard in years:

Lady Nancy Astor (to Churchill): “Sir, you’re drunk!”
Churchill: “Yes, Madam, I am. But in the morning, I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”

A second quote:

Lady Astor: “If you were my husband, I’d put arsenic in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if I were your husband, I’d drink it!”

W.C. Fields

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

A second quote:

"I'll be sober tomorrow, but you'll be crazy for the rest of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment