Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekend Wise Words

Be Sharp! Be Brilliant!

Well, today is the day of the Christian's Rapture. Please beware of cars driving down the street with no one behind the wheel. According to reports, this could be like every other car on the freeway. Maybe stay home? I don't know. I might take my bike out on the freeway, but drive as I always do, quite defensively.

Some nutbar named Harold Camping, who back in 1994 said this was going to happen then, but when it didn't said, "Oh, wait, I meant 2011. Yes, that's what I meant."

So now, Harold is saying, that today is the end, the glorious end for those good Christians, and in his view, not all Christians are equal.

I can only say this, Be Sharp! Be Brilliant! Believe what is reasonable, not just plain stupid. Even Christians are against Mr. Nutbar, that is to say, Harold. First of all I have to say, I don't think I would follow someone named Harold. God wants a guy named Harold to be his spokesperson? Really?

Do you have any idea how many times someone has said the end is near, or today? I can give you a general, or more specific, idea. Check this list out. I'm not going to even try to list it here as it is a HUGE list.

All I can say is if today is the end for whoever Camping thinks are "good Christians", well, there will be a lot more room, food, and booze for the rest of us. And I'm moving into a much nicer house. And taking over the next really nice Ferrari Testarossa that I come upon. And I'm upgrading my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment