Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden be gone

Well, the President of the United States said on TV tonight that Osama Bin Laden is dead, by his order, through the efforts of US Military troops and they reclaimed his body after a firefight and no US citizens have died. All the photos of Bin Laden I'm seeing on TV are nice shots of him looking like a normal person of his type, but I want to remember him for what he stood for. Violence.

First of all, my heartfelt and sincere condolances to the Bin Laden family. Because they didn't believe in what Osama was doing either and were mortified by it along with those who had known him and saw the self serving ministrations that Osama perpetrated upon US citizens, Muslims, his own people, and many around the world. I think, the world is a better place now without him, or his type. But then, I'm Buddhist in my thoughts and getting your way by killing, to me, is just wrong.

The Murderer, more like the mobster behind those who were murderers, because I question if he ever killed anyone personally, are still out there, although we have gotten some of them over the past years.

Al Queda has lost its leader, and its main bank, or at least its original bank and gained a martyr. I wasn't sure if it would have been better to capture him and lock him up and away for ever, but sometimes, you simply need to end it. When you are responsible for that many deaths, truly, only ending it is the best policy and locking him up would have only been problematic.

The man that spawned the destruction of New York's Twin Towers, and many many people on that day, the first attack on US Soil of this type and magnitude.

So, it's over for Osama. Osama be gone. Good riddance.

Pres. Bush didn't get it done, I might add. Pres. Obama did. The Republicans would mention it were it reversed, so someone should say it. And no, I'm not a Democrat. I just get sick of Republicans pointing the fingers and for their part, the Democrats always running from a fight.

Now we have the hard part. You know, it's interesting because I bumped a blog article for this one due to the sudden nature of Osama's death. It is titled, "America as Perceived from Abroad". The bumped article will be up for tomorrow morning, I only delayed it one day. But the topic of that article is about changing our attitude and now, I'm writing this....

Osama be dead, now we have to change our attitudes, alter the world, make life better for everyone so people stop having the feelings that Osama was able to work into a frenzy of death and destrution. Because they were there and available for some slimeball like Osama to manipulate, because if these people loved America, this couldn't have happened. Think about it.

So I say, from here forward, onward and upward. For everyone.

And now, let's pay attention to what is really important: Carl Safina: The oil spill's unseen culprits, victims; what happens when you put the murderer in charge of the crime scene (BP), from July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment