Monday, February 27, 2012

Gender Bender article

I was recently in a writer's group on LinkedIn and was contacted by another writer about something I had posted regarding a story of mine, and Rutger Hauer. She was very curious about the story that Mr. Hauer had liked so mcuh, and I ended up sending her the story and another I had just finished.

She found the whole story about Rutger and my story intresting and asked if I minded if she posted an article she had in mind. I pleased to hear what she had in mind and told her to please feel free to write and post it. She has. It was fun and very pleasing to read.

I thought you might find it entertaining too and I wanted to share it with you. If you go to her aticle Gender Bender, on IndiesUnlimited.com, you can read what she wrote and see my reply posted beneath it. The two stories of mine that she references will be in a book I'm preparing this week to release, so if you are really curious, it won't be long before you will be able to find out what all the fuss is about.

As posted in her article, the stories in question are "Poor Lord Ritchie" (short title) and I had also sent her "The Fall". Both stories will be out in my new book any time now.

It's a very nice article. I hope you check it out. I've been on IndiesUnlimited for a little while now and it's a pretty cool site.

From the IndiesUnlimited.com About page:

We are at the beginning of a technological revolution in how books are written, published, marketed, purchased, and read. This site is dedicated to the independent authors, publishers, reviewers and readers who are on the cutting edge of that technological revolution.
A major challenge for any indie author is the lack of established infrastructure in place to market indie books. It can be challenging and time-consuming to get the word out about your book, to find reviewers, and to drive traffic to your website or Facebook page. As a new author, I was delighted to discover a very high level of mutual support and camaraderie in the indie author community. This platform is born from that spirit of mutual aid and support.
Please make Indies Unlimited your home for engagement with others who are interested in the Indie Author Movement. Be sure to “play nice” with others. Write informative, educational, or opinion minded comments, guest posts and other contributions. You can promote your books or yourself by participating in discussions and providing valuable content. Please do not spam us or use this system to send unrequested self-promotion, marketing, or sales materials. Instead, please use this platform to engage, inform, discuss, and build quality relationships.
I hope you will find this site both entertaining and informative and you will make a visit to Indies Unlimited part of your daily routine. You can also find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Sincerely,
Stephen Hise

No comments:

Post a Comment