Saturday, November 22, 2014

I am bravely and finally coming out against stupidity.

John Cleese, C.B.E., on Real Time With Bill Maher last night, agreed with Bill when he said that John was against stupidity.

Here is a prime example of stupidity when a senator wrongly uses a snowball to disprove climate change and another senator rightly uses science to disprove the disprover. The degree of idiocy in our government and in some religious groups is patently unbelievable. Anyone who thinks God does not equal science, needs mental healthcare. Examples are the couple who let not one but two of their children die because...God.

Yet another mistaken belief that prayer is more powerful than medicine. Look dim bulb, if God gave you a brain isn't it a sin not to use it, not to help yourself since... heaven helps those who help themselves. Right?

In case you are yourself too stupid to know the definition of 'stupidity', Merriam and her friend Webster have most recently defined it as:

Slow of mind or obtuse; given to unintelligent decisions or acts, that is, acting in an unintelligent or careless manner; perhaps lacking intelligence or reason, that is to say, brutish; or, dulled in feeling or sensation, and that is to say, torpid, as in still stupid from a sedative, much like our Republican friends in Congress; or, possibly marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting, that is, senseless as in a stupid decision, ibid.; or, lacking interest or point, as in voting in yet again for a Republican congress, even though they are the ones to have dumbed our nation down and have broken things in a repeated manner and that voting in of them is again a stupid event and well, stupid and again, and therefore too, ibid.

Laying that aside for the time being, I would now like to take the brave stance here today to myself come out against stupidity as I too am against it and I was labeled as stupid as a child, so I believe that gives me a great degree of veracity on the subject.

I've also been married now (up to this point), 3.5 times and so I believe that also gives me a great deal of veracity on the subject of stupidity and as well in the process of being stupid, perchance with a "par excellence" attached to that one.

Granted I've not been married as many times as some others we all know of (Groucho Marx was also married three times, .5 times less than myself, but then he was a genius and not stupid at all, and made a living making fun of the stupid).

I've deemed to see fit to find situations that were exceedingly ridiculous (either for myself or the women involved, but in that, you'd have to query them as I cannot speak for their own stupidity, only my own, and I think it unfair to ask me to indicate stupidity that is attached to my involvement other than in my direct and considered actions, I'll thank you very much).

And so my smart friends (and stupid acquaintances, and you, yes indeed you, know who you are, or then again allow me to properly correct myself yet again, as I am just too sure that you really are too stupid to know who you are, though most of you in that category apparently are conservatives and that can give us some direction, at least according to John Stewart Mill who as we all know (except again for you stupid folk) said..."I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it."

That is to say, as I was just saying, that I am finally and forcefully coming out with John Cleese, C.B.E., against stupidity. He's in good company.

Thank you kindly for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment