Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Video Book Trailers for two Horror books

I had been thinking about making a video trailer for my books for a while now, but I've been pretty busy. Most recently with producing audio book versions of my books and stories.

First of all, should any of these links change, you can get to their latest replacement versions and any new one on my TheJZMurdock YouTube Channel. See if I change or enhance these videos, I have to create new versions which would supercede these older versions.

Well, today I finally got around to looking into it. Here are the results.

I used some the music my son Nikolas, also the model on the cover of my ebook, "Simon's Beautiful Thought" (which was shot a few years ago) and who I got the title from for one of my books, Death of Heaven. The other book video trailer is for Anthology of Evil.

As he put it on Facebook today:

"A couple of my dad's books now have vids to show them off. He used a title of mine for a metaphysics write up I did but it wasn't going anywhere. So he asked if he could use it and I figured the title anyway, would be more likely to get out that way. He even used a couple of songs I composed in high school for the vids. Enjoy and buy the books!"

I like his attitude.

I don't think they came out half bad. Enjoy!



Anthology of Evil video book trailer

NOTE: I just thought I'd add that today (1/9/2013) I uploaded my first audio book to Audible.com through Amazon/ACX. It was "The Mea Culpa Document of London" that first appeared in my "Anthology of Evil" (see above). Below is what I also posted today on my Facebook page:

Over the past week or two I've been learning about producing audio books. Today I have uploaded my first audio book to Audible.com through Amazon/ACX.

It is The Mea Culpa Document of London and has a somewhat extensive history. The actual audio book is less than half an hour in length. I'm not sure when it will be available for download however. I obviously wrote, but also narrated and produced the audio book and continue to learn as I go. My first version last week was, well, passable. The current one is not too bad and I hope to get better at it as I go.

For now I can only offer you the ebook version available on Amazon.

This was a story I first wrote at my University and got one of my Professors, Perry Mills interested in it as he was a student of medieval literature and it led to interesting discussions in his office in the PAC Theatre building at WWU in Beillingham, WA. I also wrote another story, "Poor Lord Ritchie" at about this same time and Perry and I had talks over that story, also.

It was Perry who suggested the concept of a "crucible sword" into the story which turned out to be a very good idea. I will always have fond thoughts of Perry. He had also wanted to do a one man stage show of the "Lord Ritchie" story, but it was never to be as I could never get the staging just right and then I graduated and moved away.

This story grew over the years since the early 80s and I have added on to it, telling the story of the Dr. of History who either, forged it, or discovered it, which is part of the story in Death of Heaven called, "Vaughan's Theorem", and tells the tale of his violent descent into insanity.

The original "Mea Culpa" story is contained in my book, "Anthology of Evil" (as is "Poor Lord Ritchie" which I have also read into audio book format this past week); a collection of short horror tales, many of which you wouldn't normally consider, perhaps, a horror story, in the traditional sense. But I'm seldom that traditional.

Thanks for reading and soon, thanks, for listening.
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment