Monday, April 2, 2012

Controversy over Death of Heaven, my new book

This is similar but different, to my last blog article over the weekend about my new ebook having hit Smashwords and Amazon.

"Anthology of Evil" is of course, my collection of short Horror and Sci Fi stories. Look at my last article for the cover image. The proof just came in for the paperback version. Which is, awesome!

This time though I'm talking about my next book to come out, "Death of Heaven". Hopefully it will be out within a week or so. By the way, if you do read it and you had already read the Anthology, let's just say you will get an extra, added experience out of it all.

Now about "Death of Heaven". I'm pretty sure I am going to get some noise over it. I didn't intend for that to happen and I didn't even realize it might until I was more than half way through with the writing of it. At some point, and any author will tell you this, the characters can take on a life of their own, or the book just starts to write itself heading in a direction different from where you had planned to go. You then go where the story goes because telling a story that holds together, that maintains its conceit, is the main idea. Sometimes you don't like it, sometimes it's a real fun roller coaster ride.

What brings this all to mind is that today a reader of mine who is most of the way through the book now, warned me that this is probably going to get banned by some religious group or other. Well, isn't that special?

But that's not why I wrote it. I wrote it to entertain but also to supply a vastly different and more logical, speculative fiction story. That is to say Science Fiction and Horror in this case. An Alternative History of the entire Human Race; an explanation for everything we have believed up to this point that is radically different from whatever we had talked about before.

The name "Death of Heaven" actually made sense after it was written and so I named it that because it was so very appropriate. What will come after DOH (pun intended) gets published and read, only time will tell. Regardless of whatever ends up happening, it should certainly be interesting.

Feel free to stand by as specator as it would be an extra entertainment. One that could in the end open discussion and make people think, in Humankind's ongoing march toward lucidity, clarity and enlightenment, and away finally from the ironhold of the lunacy that it has been gripped in for thousands of years. If you find you agree in anyway feel free to speak up. Remember that it's not so important to preach to the choir, but to speak in the face of adversity offers the biggest chance at change and progress.

Of course, first we have to find people to read it. That is my problem to solve and something that I am working on. Also, we have to finalize the cover and we're working on that, too.

So, with all that being said there really is only one thing left to say:

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment