Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekend Wise Words

Be Smart! Be Brilliant!

I posted a poster on Facebook a couple of days ago. It had to do with Women's Rights. My own daughter misunderstood my intent. But then, two of the same image got posted, one I posted two paragraphs on, the other was just the photo. She didn't like it. So, I thought for this weekend, I would post some Feminism quotes I liked. Not as penance, but as a reaffirmation of how I see things. Here goes....

Dietrich filling in for anonymous
Women belong in the house... and the Senate.
- Author Unknown

I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough.
- Clarie Sargent, Arizona senator


Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
- Faith Whittlesey (one of my favorite quotes on this topic)


Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
- Henry Kissinger

I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament.
- Alanis Morissette, quoted in Reader's Digest, March 2000


I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
- Madonna Ciccone

You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman.
- Jane Galvin Lewis [one of the most important quotes on feminism to me personally]


Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.
- Lois Wyse

It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union.... Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.
- Susan B. Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment