Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend Wise Words

Be Smart! Be Brilliant!

I will be at ZomBcon this weekend.

George Romero and Cal Miller at ZomBcon I in Seattle 2010
I'll be there today visiting my good buddy and publisher, Cal ("The Undead Nation Anthology") Miller (his book Het Madden is written from a zombie's point of view, good book) along with Alan Gandy; and along with other famous guests: Tom Savini (Tom's a legend in my book), Sam Trammell from True Blood (Sam Merlotte, Love True Blood myself), Norman Reedus (from Walking Dead on AMC, liking this show a lot too) and Sean Patrick Flannery (favorite actors of mine since they were brothers in Boondock Saints); Linda Le aka VAMPY BIT ME- Queen of Cosplay (oh yes....); and well, if you're into this stuff, chck out the page because there are too many to mention here.

So, how about some strange quotes today?


"That's what we wanted to get across in that moment, particularly when Shaun goes to the shop when he's all hung over. He doesn't notice any of the zombies around him just because he never had before, so why should he at that point?"
- Simon Pegg

"They're coming to get you Barbara!"
- Johnny (Russell Streiner), Night of the Living Dead (1968)



"I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters."
- George A. Romero


"God has fled. Hell reigns. Darkness prevails."
- Priest, Shadow: Dead Riot (2005)


"It contains a recombinant virus. It takes your DNA and deconstructs it and reshapes it. The results can be phenonomal, super human like...or hellish."
- Jerry, Day of the Dead 2: Contagium (2005)


"They're all going to end up like that. Bio-mechanical weapons driven by meat batteries. Never have to be fed or recharged. They just keep going...going."
- Military Scientist, Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)


“Whip," Walter echoed. "So there's an iPhone app for fighting zombies. Interesting.”
― Amelia Beamer, The Loving Dead


"I tried to get inside the head of a zombie when I wrote my book. To put a name on a Zombie, to show what he was thinking, what it's like to die and come back and find yourself craving the flesh of human beings so much so that you can't control the urge to kill and feed even though it disgusts you and makes you hate yourself, and everything else."
- Cal Miller (Het Madden)

“I love zombies. If any monster could Riverdance, it would be zombies.”
― Craig Ferguson (Actor, Comedienne, Talk Show Host)

Tomorrow, my tale of being at ZomBcon II....

No comments:

Post a Comment