Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Conqueror Worm audio book, now available

Update on what's going on at JZMurdock.com.

I thought I should mention that my second audio book. "The Conqueror Worm" is now available on Amazon, Audible.com and iTunes. Although this is the opening chapter for my book, "Death of Heaven" and has also been available as a separate ebook, it is quite a good little standalone Horror story.

I'd also like to say that my short Science Fiction story, "Expedition of the Arcturus", will see it's world premiere on PerihelionSF.com on March 12th, 2013.  A pretty good story if I do say so and it couldn't have been more timely considering all the talk about impending meteorites and asteroids crashing into the Earth.

This was my second submission to the editor at PerihelionSF, so don't think they are a push over to get a story in their online magazine. Although I do also have a film review on there from last year on the amazing documentary, "Chasing Ice", the theme song of which was nominated for an Oscar and included the world class Joshua Bell on violin and the incredible Scarlett Johansson's voice, you don't get a story on PerihelionSF if it doesn't fit the bill. Trust me.

Book trailers: 


This is the second audio book I have produced with more to come. I seem to get better with each one. This has a touch of music. I hope to add more sound F/X as I get better at the sound production.


My first book, "The Mea Culpa Document of London" is about a witch hunter and judge during the Inquisition in England. I will be putting these stories out as audio books from this collection of my short stories until they are all completed and then I will put them together as the full book ending with "Andrew", which is the precursor for "Death of Heaven".


The Conqueror Worm

This is a story about two twelve year old boys. Playing in the yard, they decided to dig for buried treasure and what they find is beyond their expectations. The next few hours change their entire lives and set the tone for the rest of the book. But as I said, this is a perfect stand alone story and one of the best things I've written in the realm of Horror.

Jimmy and James start the afternoon digging in the dirt and end in the middle of the night changed forever. But the story doesn't really end there. "Death of Heaven" continues their nightmares into adulthood and events that change the world, forever. And the Universe.

Cover Art by Marvin Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment