Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Wise Words

Be Smart. Be Brilliant.

Try not to win, the Stupid Award. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, but one that comes to mind most quickly, is this one. I was younger, still stupid, and not paying attention.

I once said, with my future wife in the room (this being wife 2.5 and I didn't know we'd be getting married at the time), while standing at the foot of the bed and looking at my king sized waterbed (in 1986) which I'd had for many years at that time, since 1976:


"A lot of women have slept in that bed. I guess in a way, it's a kind of trophy (here's where I realized I was in the room with someone, that it was the woman living me, and looked at her, not able to retract my words)... if you... think about... it."

The next day, her brother came over and I never saw it again.

Don't do things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment