Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Walkabout Thoughts #65

My thoughts, Stream of consciousness, rough and ready, while walking off long Covid and listening to podcasts…

Today is the first day of Spring! 

Nice out today (I'm writing this yesterday), but I'm feeling no motivation lately. I've had the worst experience since end of December requiring being on anti-virals. Thanks again Long Covid for the gift that seems to keep on giving. I hear they may have a new long covid test coming out. I knew winter would be rough, but it's over now. Now I have to get back up to speed. It's not easy though.

Listening to the Pod Save the America podcast today, "Republicans' Work Till You Die" Pretty good episode.

First couple of blocks though, my heart was pumping so hard my chest hurt. So I stopped to slow it down. It's like the vagus nerve can't adjust to changes fast enough. Or histamine issues. Thought about taking a Benadryl but heart slowed and the rest of the 2 miles (really want to get back up to 5) was pretty great. Got home, had lunch with the door open, like yesterday (until it got too cool out) and feeling better than before the walk. 

The world however, still insane. People fighting against their own best interests, demonizing other citizens who don't deserve it. Decency for some is looked down upon. Some wanting America to be what they want, screw all others, even though it is THEY who are in the minority. Decades of the GOP realizing they ARE a minority but there are dirty tricks to be used to offer them an American Apartheid of sorts.

Yeah, that's NOT American by any definition of the term.

First off. This:

Potential 2024 ‘Chaos’: Election Deniers Refusing to Certify Results

Election officials in eight states have delayed or refused to certify results since Trump’s 2020 loss — a likely preview of this year’s elections BY JUSTIN GLAWE MARCH 17, 2024

That's disturbing. Lot's going on that is lately. I have on a lot of news, documentaries, C-SPAN shows of government, interviews, and so on while I'm working on line or writing. And yes, I pause or mute at times when I really have to concentrate (either on the writing, or the show, to be honest). I realized I don't need much of the news shows info as I've already heard it elsewhere. So I put on a new show, always DVR-ing it, fast forward to where they have guest experts added into the discussion and only then hit play (unless I noticed something on screen zipping by I don't know about but often, no, nothing I don't already know of). It saves a lot of time and I learn a lot. You'd be surprised how much good stuff I've seen on C-SPAN (1,2,3). Author interviews, history lessons, etc. I've been an information hoarder since childhood. Anyway, I just wanted to mention this because if you're watching a lot of shows and can skip what you already know, great time saver and you learn even more than otherwise. Cheers!

So... Putin is President again for 6 years. What a lowlife criminal who has a nation of 85% supporting him. Delusional. Like MAGA in America. Clueless while believing they're on the highroad. "High" is about correct on that.

Democrats: probably right a lot, but...fighting an uphill battle and with Trump, there's always some new chicanery no one ever thought of before because it's either illegal, immoral, or no one ever considered doing it before because it makes you into such a vapid lowlife (vapid: adjective. without liveliness or spirit; dull or tedious: a vapid party; vapid conversation. lacking or having lost life, sharpness, or flavor; insipid; flat: vapid tea)...you're welcome.

I'm not a Trump hater. I don't hate anyone. "TDS" is a purely MAGA condition, no other Americans have "TDS", only them. I do believe some people earn state execution. People like Putin, Trump, Bibi in Israel is working on it, maybe succeeded. I started disliking Trump in 2015. Comments about Pres. Obama were a warning shot. But my cousin whom I was visiting in late 2015 had worked for a union and dealt with Trump. I'd liked what I knew of Trump in the 89s/90s, etc. I loved that David Letterman could call a NYC billionaire on his show and just chat. I'd read his book. I'd watched most seasons of, "The Apprentice". But my cousin gave me an earful and I left my pleasant several days at his Florida home with an altered mind on Donald Trump. 

From there forward I began to find just how bad he was until I was warning people that electing a guy like that as POTUS was the absolute worst job there is to give a person like him. Now we know how true that is, how bad it is to get so much power to a greedy career criminal and pathological narcissist. A second term for Trump is a huge mistake and may be the end of America as we know it. May end elections. Here's the thing. Electing Biden again I guarantee you, there will be elections in 2028. Electing Trump, we cannot offer that guarantee. And that's the bottom like, the last straw. 

Look. Criminals can break the law. Police have been up against this from the start. They have laws and rules, criminals don't. Trump can skirt reality and decency all he wants. He/They don’t have to follow OUR (all our) rules while actual citizens and Democrats (or others who won't stand for this MAGA/GOP crap)  just have to be smarter. 
Al Capone got away for a long time... but not forever. 
For Trump? Seems like the end of forever is rapidly approaching.

There’s a reason I referred to MAGA as "The fooled".
They’re not fools.
It’s in their actions that you are made to think that.

There’s no acceptable level of lead and pipes for children to be consuming. That realization has brought us years ago to start removing damaged pipes with lead in them and lead-based paints, because originally it covered walls more opaquely than anything else. It’s hard to imagine how Donald Trump hadn't as a kid, in seemingly so very  symptomatic of having consumed a great deal of lead as a child. Maybe he was eating the paint in that old mansion. He does seem like a kid who ate dried mucus, lead paint, or paste, a lot.

The only reason to remain pro-fossil fuels is if you have a stake in it. Moving towards Green energy does so much more for us It gets us off fossil fuels. It builds jobs. It enhances our infrastructure and national security. It advances our technologies. It makes new things cheaper, better and lighter. Being so tooth and nail against it just doesn’t make any sense. Using it as a political platform merely points out who you are and who you’re paid by. So? Just stop it. These people in our government bending over backwards to come back down through their bowed legs, in order to kiss the ass of the powerful and wealthy? THOSE are who we should be going against. Mad at. Infuriated with.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan on talking to Republicans behind closed doors: "They don’t challenge me on the climate science." Also, everybody wants clean air and clean water, so why are some Republicans (and MAGA) fighting against it as their token boogeyman, "wokeism"? Because it pays, in many ways for them. Because they are in the Party of Big Business. Because they are in the Look at your feet Party, the do NOT look up or into the future party. The America really doesn't need the GOP Party because it's literally trying to strangle America. Yes, we have an issue at times with Dems supporting the toxic part of our power structure. But seriously? They can't hold a candle to the GOP, or MAGA who is the deadly mold upon the Republican cesspool of partisan politics.

Cheers! Sláinte!

I wish you all great success and health! Until next time!

Cheers! Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment