Thursday, July 8, 2010

Horror Anthology Anounced - my "Gumdrop City" story to be included

I just found out that one of my short horror stories, "Gumdrop City" will be published in August, in the upcoming anthology by Undead Nation and Zilyon Publishing.
UnDead Nation on Facebook

On "Gumdrop City": the story was based upon a true life serial murderer and his practices, who preyed only on children. Much of the storyline actually happened, with the exception of the protagonist's situation...and some candy. And that is about all I can say without detracting too much from the story. But this is a tough story, not to be read by the faint of heart. The original purpose of having written the story was to showcase the horror of the families involved in such a serial murderer's endeavors. It was not in any way, an easy story to write and required a very careful hand in phrasing and exposition. And that's enough said on that, escept for this response from a happy reader:

"I gotta say your story freaked me out pal in a great way. Loved the characters, especially Sampson. The way you made him seem both harmless while making me feel weird whenever he "appeared" was great. And the fact that it is based on a true story makes you think. Oh, and a perfectly f'd up creepy title, too!"

On the Anthology: Undead Nation has selected eleven original short stories to be published alongside stories from Alan Gandy (author of Voyeur Dead), Cal Miller (author of Het Madden, A Zombie Perspective) and others in the “Undead Nation” book! This will also include the winner of The Undead Nation/Crypticon Writing Contest. They were originally only going to publish seven stories, but they were so pleased with the submissions that they raised the total to eleven. That is good for we, the reader. Yes, I'm a reader too, I have after all, only read my story. I anxiously look forward to reading the others.

The Undead Nation Short Fiction Contest Winners:

Ryan Clarke - I Will Let The Warm Blood Drive My Thoughts
Rhonny Kachur - Rebecca
Drew McKay - The Eye in the Mirrors
Tracey Mitchell - Silver Moon
JZ Murdock - Gumdrop City
Audy Mytron - Entire Journal
Lyle Perez-Tinics - Dement
Jenna Pitman - I am Become Death
Christina Rause - A Walk Deferred
Holly K. Wood - Decapoda Animusicide
Opal Zushaquon - The Blighted Legacy of Nicanor Lavan

The Crypticon Seattle Winner:

Erik Tavares- Wocka Wocka Bridge

and:

Alan R. Gandy- Satan's Cadaver
Calvin A. L. Miller II- Cold Blood: The End

Undead Nation's Facebook Notes page, has information about various media forms that will be available. Net proceeds from the book will go to breast cancer charity. :)

The book will be published in paperback and eBook (Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.) formats and be available on Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, BarnesandNoble.com to start.

My sister, a breast cancer survivor, and I are both quite pleased about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment